- Sportradar Media Services GmbH respects your privacy and personal data. This Privacy Notice (hereinafter referred to as “Notice”) explains how we process your personal data when you register for our services and browse on our Website and App. Personal data means any information which allows Sportradar Media Services GmbH and/or the Sportradar Group to directly or indirectly identify you.
- This Notice applies where Sportradar Media Services GmbH acts as a controller of the personal data being collected and processed from our Website and App. This means that this Notice applies where Sportradar Media Services GmbH determines the purposes and means of the processing of the personal data.
- The personal data collected and processed by Sportradar Media Services GmbH during your registration and access to our Website and App will be processed in accordance with the EU General Data Protection Regulation (hereinafter referred to as the “GDPR”) and with any other applicable privacy and data protection laws.
- The Sportradar Media Services GmbH Website and App may contain links to websites of third-parties which are not covered by this privacy Notice. Sportradar Media Services GmbH does not accept any responsibilities or liabilities for third-party websites.
- We strongly encourage you to take some time to read this Notice in full. If you do not agree to this Notice, we kindly request you not to provide us with your personal data.
- Who is Sportradar Media Services GmbH?
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH is a sports video platform which provides sports fans and content partners across the globe with the best videos from the world of sport. Sportradar Media Services GmbH furthermore provides sports fans with news, statistics, live tickers and other content in all relevant sports. Sportradar Media Services GmbH is part of the Sportradar Group, a global leader in understanding and leveraging the power of sports data.
- When this Notice mentions “we,” “us,” or the “Company,” it refers to the controller of your data under this Notice, namely the Sportradar Media Services GmbH (registration number FN 279045k - Hosnedlgasse 25, A-1220 Wien, Austria) with which you had, have or will have a business relationship or that otherwise decides which of your data are collected and how they are used.
- You may obtain a list of the Sportradar Group affiliates by contacting the Sportradar privacy office, which can be found below in Section 15 of this Notice.
- What Personal Data Do We Collect?
- When registering for Sportradar Media Services GmbH services, we may collect any information in which the services user can be identified. You can find below the personal data which we collect automatically, the personal data which is provided to us and the personal data which is collected from other sources.
- Automatically Collected Personal Data
- More information can be found in Section 4.1 and Section 6 of this Notice.
- Personal Data Provided to Us by You
When you register for our services, we collect different categories of personal data,
depending on what service you decide to sign up for:
- For our LAOLA1 Club, we collect your email address, the country of where your IP address is coming from, and your username
- For our LAOLA1 PREMIUM subscription we, additionally to the data we collect for the LAOLA1 club, collect your payment data. Depending on the payment method either your credit card data, your bank account information or your PayPal information
- For our newsletter service, we collect your email address
- For our WhatsApp service, we collect your mobile number
- For our browser push-notification service, we collect your IP address
- After registration, we may also collect the following categories of personal data if you
actively provide them to us:
- Your gender
- Your birthdate
- Your Facebook ID
- When providing us with your personal data, Sportradar Media Services GmbH kindly
requests you to refrain from supplying us with any additional unsolicited personal data.
In particular, Sportradar Media Services GmbH requests you to refrain from supplying us
with personal data relating to:
- Your racial and ethnic origin, and/or;
- Your political opinions, and/or;/li>
- Your religious and philosophical beliefs, and/or;
- Your trade union membership, and/or;
- Data concerning your health, and/or;
- Data concerning your sex life or sexual orientation.
How We Process Your Data?
- For What Purposes Do We Process Your Personal Data?
There are several reason why we use your personal data. In the most cases, it is about measuring your behavior on our Website and App and, based on that, create personalized experiences, both from a content as well as from an advertising point of view. More specifically, the purposes are:
- For measuring on how users browse and behave on our Website and App
- For providing the opportunity to log in to our LAOLA1 Club that enables users to use loginbased functionalities such as our LAOLA1 PREMIUM features, the possibility to use the comment section on our Website and App or to personalize content (such as the “my feed” feature)
- For charging the payment method you have chosen
- For providing you with our content services such as newsletter service and WhatsApp services.
- For notifying you in case you participated in a prize game
- For serving personalized advertising to our users in order to increase the accuracy of our advertising
On What Legal Grounds Do We Process Your Data?
In order to process your personal data, we may rely on the different legal grounds, including:
- Your consent, insofar as it is legally required or permitted. If we rely on your consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data, you may withdraw your consent at any time. This right is further specified in Section 13.9 of this Notice.
- The necessity to establish a contractual relationship with you and to perform our obligations under the concerned contract.
- The necessity for us to comply with legal obligations to establish, exercise, or defend ourselves from legal claims.
- The necessity to pursue our legitimate interests, including, but not limited to:
- Improving the user experience and understanding how you behave on our Website and App
- Improving the security and performance of our Website and App
- To administer and generally conduct business within the Company
- For What Purposes Do We Process Your Personal Data?
Do We Collect Data From Children?
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH does not knowingly collect personal data from children. The definition of “children” is subject to local and national laws and may vary accordingly.
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH reserves the right to use so-called cookies. Cookies are alpha-numerical identifiers temporarily filed in the working memory ("Session Cookie") or permanently stored on the hard disk of the User's computer ("Permanent Cookie").
- Such information includes, but is not limited to, the User's IP address, login data, type and version of browser, the date and time when the User visits our Websites or the Apps, and a cookie number.
- Withdrawal of Consent for the Use of 1st Party Cookies
- At any time, users can delete their cookies from their browser through their browser settings. Additionally, Sportradar Media Services GmbH deletes all 1st party cookies automatically after 6 weeks of setting. This period of 6 weeks is renewed anytime you visit our Website and App.
- The type of cookies we may place on your browser can be clustered in three groups:
- Functional Cookies
We make use of these cookies to ensure a good experience when browsing on our Website and App.
- Analytics Cookies
We make use of these cookies to measure user behavior.
- Marketing and Advertisement Cookies
We work with advertisers and companies which helps us enable advertising on our Website and App. These companies may set certain cookies to understand your behavior and provide you with tailored advertising.
You can find a list of all the cookies we place - both 1st and 3rd party cookies - on the following link: List of cookies
- Functional Cookies
- You can opt-out from the use of marketing and analytics cookies by using the footer on our Website and App.
- Embedded Content and Share Links/Likes To Facebook, Twitter and Similar
- We may embed content from websites such as Facebook, Youtube, Twitter and similar on our Website and App. Pages with the embedded content may set cookies from the relevant website. We recommend that you check the relevant website for more information.
- When you use one of the share buttons on our Website and App or when you click on buttons contained within the embedded content on our Website, such as “Facebook like buttons” a cookie may be set on your browser by the relevant third-party. Sportradar Media Services GmbH does not control the setting of these cookies and does not block the cookies from these websites. We recommend that you check the relevant website for more information.
- When Do We Transfer Your Personal Data?
- We may transfer your personal data to trusted third-parties located outside of the European Union. We may disclose your personal data to Sportradar Group companies located outside of the European Union.
- When transferring your personal data to a third-party located outside of the European Union or in countries which do not provide the same standard of personal data protection, we have put in place adequate measures to protect your data, such as organizational and legal measures (including the EU Model Contract Clauses) to ensure the protection of the personal data. You may obtain a copy of these measures by Page | 6 www.sportradar.com contacting the Sportradar Privacy Office, which can be found below in Section 15 of this Notice.
- Who Do We Transfer Your Personal Data To?
- There are several trusted partners we work with that process the personal data we
collect. The partners are clustered in the following categories:
- User Statistics And Website/App Analytics Companies
- Functional Cookies Companies
- Payment Services
- There are several trusted partners we work with that process the personal data we collect. The partners are clustered in the following categories:
- How Do We Secure Your Data?
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH uses all available technical and organizational security measures in order to protect your personal data against a breach of security leading to the accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, unauthorized disclosure of, or access to, your personal data transmitted, stored or otherwise processed.
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH employees are required to keep personal data confidential. Sportradar Media Services GmbH employees will only transfer your personal data to third parties as described in Section 6 and 7 of this Notice.
- How Long Is My Data Kept?
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH does not keep personal data for longer than it is necessary for the purposes set out in Section 2 of this Notice.
- For personal data that are not collected from cookies (see Section 3 of this Notice), we delete all personal data after 2 years of non-usage. That means, that if you have not logged in or have not consumed a service you have previously registered for a period of 2 years, we delete your personal data. We may actively contact you before we delete the data.
- For cookies, we delete all 1st party cookies (including your consent to use your personal data outside of functionalities that you actively have to register for) after 6 weeks of nonusage. That means, that if you have not visited our website for a period of more than 6 weeks, we delete all 1st party cookies.
- What Are My Rights?
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH reserves the right to refuse to give effect to a petitioner’s request in the event that we are unable to ascertain your identity.
- Right to Access
- You have the right to obtain from Sportradar Media Services GmbH a confirmation of whether Sportradar Media Services GmbH is processing your data. Should Sportradar Media Services GmbH process your data, you have the right to access your personal data and to obtain further information regarding the processing of your personal data.
- Right to Rectification
- You have the right to have your personal data rectified by Sportradar Media Services GmbH in the event that your personal data is inaccurate. You may also rectify the information by reviewing and changing the personal information on your account settings.
- Right to Erasure
- Under certain conditions, you have the right to have your personal data erased without delay. Those conditions are listed at article 17 of the GDPR.
- Right to Restriction of Processing
- Under certain conditions, you have the right to restrict the processing of your personal data. Those conditions are listed at article 18 of the GDPR.
- Right to Object to Processing
- Under certain conditions, you have the right to object to the processing of your personal data by Sportradar Media Services GmbH. Those conditions are listed at article 21 of the GDPR.
- Right to Data Portability
- You have the right to obtain your personal data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format and to have your personal data transferred to another controller upon your request, and where technically feasible insofar as the processing of your personal data relies on your consent or it is necessary for the performance of a contract between you and Sportradar Media Services GmbH
- Right to Complain To a Supervisory Authority
- Should you believe that Sportradar Media Services GmbH has infringed the applicable data protection laws, you have the right to file a complaint before the concerned Data Protection Authority.
- Right to Withdraw Consent
- You may withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal data insofar as the processing relies on your consent. This does not apply if the processing is required for the performance of a contract between Sportradar Media Services GmbH and you or if the processing is based on Sportradar Media Services GmbH legitimate interests.
- Policy Changes
- Sportradar Media Services GmbH reserves the right, at its discretion, to update, change, modify, add or amend this Policy by publishing a new version on our Website and App.